Monday, January 31, 2011

Photography,,just one story at a shot!

In a portrait, you have room to have a point of view. The image may not be literally what's going on, but it's representative.
Annie Leibovitz 

I had noticed lately that writing is as fantastic as been behind a camera,maybe because after all It is always a great story,a bad story or just one simple story to tell.
Mr Lawyer what is the story?,,and they just tell us,or the doctor ummm not that's boring,but if i show an image,I'm promising you a story.
Last time i went to a museum,,,(shame on me like a year ago)
I had a date with my husband and we went to the Speed Museum in Louisville Ky, I didn't expect  it;was very good,great,and the best part ,yes! a wonderful black and white photography exhibition,,and yes i cried and laugh,and walked by one or two pictures that I didn't care for,but i noticed that every shot had something special,just something!
Every picture had a totally different story.
 I tried to go technical here in the past but didn't work for me so my new way is to be me,,and this is me,a dreamer,a  stubborn,a passionate, and yes I don't use a lightmeter every time i take a picture and I keep forgetting the reading of my last photo because I'm shooting with my soul,,,at least i try!
And i have to admit that sometimes I made a story for a shooting in my head like this one:
The real story is:
I ask my great ,talented and super busy colleague/friend some months ago for a fashion photo shoot with an antique car my husband was working on,,so we did.
The story in my head:
My friend broke up with her,,,whatever,got drunk,and was lost  in the middle of a  road alone,,
well I know, it is not a good story but this is what i told my head through the process and worked for me..yes,yes i made it up it's not that great but i like my pictures i love them,,,and I haven't edited them,but i will.
Not bad for a cold Friday night.

Thank's Amiga!











No comments:

Post a Comment